Name: Hossam Mahmoud Sabry Ibrahim Ghoneim
Mobile: +2 0100 210 4040
Tel: +2 25328000
Fax: +2 2532 8 111
Continue to thrive for the benefit of mankind; help the sick and educate the youth.
- MD hepatology & gastroenterology
- Specialized interventional endoscopy training programs
- Recognition by World endoscopy organization (WEO) as Endoscopy trainer.
- Publishing a book about the history of Egypt (in Arabic language)
- EX-member of British Judo council
– Lecturer of Tropical medicine & Hepatogastroenterology, Bany Swaif University.
Currently legible and applying for promotion to Assistant Professor due to be completed by the beginning of the coming academic year September 2016.
– Consultant Hepatologist, Gastroenterologist & GI endosocpist
– Alfascope: Hepatogastroentorology private center, shareholder and consultant Gastroenterology and GI endoscopy, 1998 till present
– Gastroclinic: Private clinic practice, 2004 till present
– Safwa Hospital: Shareholder and consultant gastroenterology and GI endoscopy, 2005 till present
– Safa Hospital: consultant Gastroenterology
– Ultrasonography Unit: Certificate of ultrasound, Thomas Jefferson institute (USA) joint training program with Cairo University, 2004.
– Resident: Tropical Medicine Department, Hepatology unit, Kasr el eini school of medicine.
– House Officer: Kasr El-Eini School of medicine 1992 – 1993.
– Hepatology Unit Cairo university Hospitals: ICU Hepatology 1993-1995.
– Endoscopy Unit Cairo university Hospitals: GI endoscopy experience 1996- 2010
– Upper GI endoscopy:
- Sclerotherapy & Band ligation
- Entral stenting
- Oesophageal Dilatation
- Polypectomy & APC
- Chromoendoscopy & NBI
- Intragastric Balloons & endoscopic management of Bariatric patients
- Zenker diverticulotomy
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopy Trainer 2000 till present.
– Lower GI Diagnostic & therapeutic endoscopy
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.) Tropical Medicine 1997.
Thesis: ‘Introduction to the use of cholangioscopy in cases of Jaundice’.
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.) Tropical Medicine, Hepatogastroenterology 2004.
Thesis: ‘Role of Cytokines in Ulcerative Colitis’.
– University 1987 – 1992
Kasr El-Eini School of Medicine, Cairo University; Grade Very Good
– High School 1982 – 1987
St. Johns School, Leatherhead, Surrey, England, U.K.
- Egyptian Medical Council, Ministry of health and population, and Egyptian Medical syndicate.
(All letters and certificates of training are available upon request)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, st. Marks Hospital, London, Prof. Alastair Forbes.2002
- Interventional and bariatric Endoscopy, Brussels, Prof. J. Deviere, 2004
- Specialized training course in Intragastric balloons, Lebanon, 2005
- Video Capsule Endoscopy, Small bowel enteroscopy, NBI, France, JF Rey, 2006
- “Organisation Mondiale d’Endoscopie Digestive” (OMED), currently known as World Endoscopy Organization (WEO), train the trainers courses, 2007, 2009.
- Currently enrolled in studying for Hospital and health care management diploma, AUC (American university in Cairo), due for completion December, 2016.
- Comparison of Modified Giemsa stain and immunohistochemistry in the histological identification of Helicobacter Pylori. Egyptian Journal of Pathology (2008).
- The role of cytokines TNF∞ and IL-2 in Ulcerative colitis. Arab Journal of Gastroenterology (2007).
- Band ligation versus Beta-Blockers in the prevention of primary bleeding of oesophageal varices: clinical, biochemical, ultrasonographic and endoscopic evaluation. Afro-Arab Liver Journal (2006)
- Effect Of Losartan Treatment On Liver Fibrosis In Chronic HCV Patients. Gastroenterology Journal, accepted 2013.
- Coinfection with hepatitis C virus and schistosomiasis: Fibrosis and treatment response, world journal of gastroenterology, may 2013.
- The first Egyptian experience with Intragastric Balloons, open journal of gastroenterology, 2014.
- GI Endoscopy atlas, co-editor, 2003.
- Non-medical: –
- Egypt, The Journey from the beginning. A book with a collective overview of Egypt’s history from the pharos till present. 2006. Published in Arabic language.
- Writer in “Al Akhbar” newspaper, non-profession and irregularly.
- Member & educational councillor of the Egyptian Society for the study of Endoscopy & Hepatogastroentrology (ESEHG) esehg.com
- Individual member of European Society of Gastro Intestinal Endoscopy (ESGE), since 2006.
- International member of American Society of Gastro Intestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), since 2007.
- Member of British Society of Gastro Intestinal Endoscopy (BSG), since 2009.
- Arabic … Native
- English… Written and Spoken Excellent.
- Sports: Black belt Judo, X- member of the British Judo Council.
- Football & Squash.
- Computer skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Hossam GHONEIM
- DOB: June 2nd, 1968
- Married with three children, eldest is studying Economics in Manchester university, England. Wife is a full time professor of Pathology, Kasr el eini school of medicine, Cairo university.
- Exempted from military service
- Special interest in soft skills (creative thinking, negotiation skills, communication skills, etc.)